Twitter has seen some rapid growth in the last 12 months, and with growth comes the tendency to enhance the experiences of their user base. Although there are a lot of people still using the web on a computer, the mobile world is growing and an astounding rate, and Twitter appreciates their mobile users more than most. After all, a majority of Twitter’s traffic comes from people on the go!
To cater to mobile individuals, they’ve developed an app for interfacing with their site. The next major update to the Twitter app for iPhone comes with a lot of enhancements that people are sure to love. Twitter 4.3 has launched today. Let’s take a quick glance at some of the features!
The major difference with Twitter 4.3 are the notifications, which are really cool. You should try it out for yourself and see. In fact, many people are saying that Apple should be taking notes here, as Twitter may have given users an even better notification experience than they have. The app even offers push notifications for specific users, so you can make sure you don’t miss messages and @mentions from specific individuals.
The full change log is available below. Try it out and let us know what you think! Also, be sure to FOLLOW US ON TWITTER as well.
- Expanded Tweets: when you view Tweet details containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more [please note: this feature is rolling out gradually]
- Enhanced experience around selected events with the best Tweets and photos from those involved
- Push notifications for Tweets: choose to receive notifications from people you follow anytime they tweet or retweet
- Ambient notifications: enables you to see brief non-interruptive notifications in the status bar while you are using the app
- Improvements to search autocomplete for users
- Discover: now indicates when new stories are available for you to view
- Tappable avatars that take you directly to user profiles
- Performance improvements
- Support for password entry in app when experiencing authentication issues
- Hungarian language support
- Updated with new Twitter bird
- Many other tweaks, polish, and bug and crasher fixes
In my opinion, this app has gained a lot of great enhancements in the last few updates, and Twitter has listened to the feedback and suggestions that users have provided them. However, I still believe that Tweetbot is the better app for using Twitter, and will continue to use Tweetbot as my primary Twitter application for now. The advantage of the stock Twitter app is that it’s free, but the experience of using the other app is worth the money. There are a lot of opportunities to change that in the future, but for now…. THIS is better.
HotTips! Readers: Get Your Own Website In Seconds!
HotTips! is part of the Pryor Media Network, a group of websites driven by premium features that regular website publishing companies won’t give you. With exceptional service, 99% uptime, and a dedication to bringing you a diverse range of function and looks, Pryor Media is an excellent choice to getting your own website! Be like us – Join Pryor Media today!