Sony Offers Lots of Free Stuff For Playstation Network Users. We Accept Your Apology!
Well, it’s finally back up! After being down for so long, Gamers of all ages and abilities can now sit in front of their couches once again and reek havoc on one another in crystal clear high definition. The Playstation Network returned fully yesterday after being down since April 20th when a anonymous group of hackers busted into Sony’s Playstation Network and stole millions of users’ personal data.
Sony has greatly increased their security, and has done everything they can to prevent an attack like this from happening again. An ongoing investigation is still underway to discover the identity of the hackers as well, although it’s unlikely they’ll ever really find enough to track anybody down.
One thing Sony has announced they’ll be doing, however, is offering LOTS of free stuff to their customers, as a way of showing their appreciation for sticking with them and being patient. Many times when a company does something like this, the offers we are given are quite lame and consist of items or incentives that we really don’t want anyways… this is not one of those times.
Sony’s offers are actually quite impressive, at least as far as I’m concerned. They have exceeded my expectations. Check out this awesome list of stuff they’ll be getting out to us, in due time:
Now that some PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming and entertainment, we’re happy to provide details about the “Welcome Back” appreciation program for customers in North America. We developed the program as an expression of our gratitude for your patience, support and continued loyalty during the service outage. From all of us at PlayStation, thank you and welcome back!
This package will be made available to all existing registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users in North America (US and Canada), and will be made available shortly after we have fully restored the service. More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live.
All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
- Dead Nation
- Super Stardust HD
- Wipeout HD + Fury
For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
- A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
- Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
- To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.
Ask you can see, Sony’s offer is actually quite nice. Personally, I’m gonna be grabbing Little Big Planet, and InFAMOUS(we get InFAMOUS for FREE!? Are you kidding me!?)