How To Jailbreak iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.3 With Jailbreakme.com
It’s a pretty simple process… but for those wondering, we’ll go through it anyways. The jailbreak was just released by Comex.
Below you will find the process on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on the iPad 2. The process is completely reversible by doing a simple restore in iTunes. It’s pretty easy as well, because Comex is awesome and he makes everything easy for you (and difficult for him, I’m sure).
1) Be sure you are on iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.3.3 (previous firmware is not yet supported). If you aren’t on iOS 4.3.3… update now.
2) Connect your iPad 2 to your computer and make a backup of your current software. You’ll need this backup incase you ever need to restore later. (While you are at it, if you have a WiFi-only model, it’s a good idea to save your SHSH Blobs using Tiny Umbrella!)
3) After you have made the backup, proceed with the jailbreak simply by visiting http://jailbreakme.com ON YOUR iPAD 2. This jailbreak is done from the device itself, and not from the computer (PDF exploit in Safari).
4) Simply click “FREE” and download (like a normal app from the App store.
5) Congrats.. you have Cydia. Pretty easy yes!?
(Please note that the GSM and CDMA Model iPad 2 will not be able to downgrade to previous firmware later on if iOS 4.3.4 is released, or when IOS 5 goes public. Apple will not sign the baseband, and SHSH blobs won’t work. WiFi-Only models are good to go though!)
Another thing you may want to look into is downloading “PDF Patcher 2″ in Cydia. This will actually PATCH the PDF exploit that you just used to jailbreak (essentially making your device MORE SECURE than a non-jailbroken one). This package is also free.
Don’t forget to donate to Comex for all his hard work too. He does this stuff for free remember…