In this tutorial, I will teach you on how to fix the AGPS (Assisted GPS) on your HD2 that is running Android Gingerbread.
The links I provided already have the GPS fix in the ROM. If you are using a different ROM or want to upgrade the fix, then continue on further.
You need to download TyTung GPS FIX 2.0 from here.
1. Place the ZIP file on to your memory card.
2. After you do that, turn the phone off.
3. Hold the power button for 15 seconds until it boots into Magldr.
4. Select AD Recovery and press the call button.
5. Go to “Install Zip From SD Card. Then “Choose Zip from SD Card”.
6. Select the GPS FIX ZIP File and Press Yes. After it is done, press the back button and then press Reboot System.
After the phone boots up normally, Go to Settings -> Locations & Security. Select “Use Wireless Networks” as well as “Use GPS Satellites”
Launch your favorite Navigation program and you are good to go!
If you want to learn about free to very cheap calling rates, read this! They have an Android app that makes your life easier!
HotTips! Readers: Get Great VPS Wordpress Hosting Cheap!
HotTips! Readers can enjoy great savings with a hosting package at Pryor Media! Your WordPress website will never be that slow-loading junk that you get with shared hosts! Learn what makes Pryor Media’s WordPress Hosting different from the rest, and use coupon code “HOTTIPS” to save 20% off of your hosting subscriptions!