Many users have opted to modify their HTC HD2 devices, because they don’t like Windows Mobile. We don’t blame you, and we actually have a nice little tutorial to show you how to put Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread on it instead.
If you aren’t into a complete swap to Android though, then you may at least want to have a backup/export of your data to a Google account. This can be useful later if you want to change phones, or better yet, switch to an Android device. If you are planning on switching to Android, this process will help you preserve all your stuff for later.
Below are some quick and easy steps to getting the job done right (via Google)
To set up Google Sync on your Windows Mobile device
Important Note: Make sure that you have backed up any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding.
1. Open the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync application on your device’s home screen.
2. Press Set up your device to sync with it.
3. Enter m.google.com as the server address.
4. Ensure that the SSL option is selected.
Sign in to your Google account
5. Press Next.
6. Enter your full Google Account email address in the User name field.
7. Enter your Google Account password in the Password field. If you’re a 2-step verification user, please use an application-specific password instead.
8. Leave the Domain field empty. If your device requires you to enter a domain name, enter google.
9. Press Next.
10. Check Contacts, Calendar, or Email, depending on which you’d like to sync. (Tasks is not supported and will lead to an error if checked.)
11. Press Finish.
Tip: If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will first need to enable Exchange ActiveSync before you can take advantage of this feature.
HotTips! Readers: Get Great VPS Wordpress Hosting Cheap!
HotTips! Readers can enjoy great savings with a hosting package at Pryor Media! Your WordPress website will never be that slow-loading junk that you get with shared hosts! Learn what makes Pryor Media’s WordPress Hosting different from the rest, and use coupon code “HOTTIPS” to save 20% off of your hosting subscriptions!