Hands On Review For The HTC Amaze 4G For T-Mobile
Today I have done a review on the HTC Amaze 4G for T-Mobile. I have had the phone for a week and a half now and it is amazing. The phone comes with a 4.3″ screen, 1730 mAh battery, 8 MP camera,dual LED flash, a 1.5GHz dual core processor and many more features!
I would like to mention that I did root my phone and and install a custom ROM on to it. The ROM I used is a stock ROM but with less of HTC Sense on it as well as an overclocked processor running at 1.73GHz. So it does have a decent difference in the speed of the phone.
I have been using Nokia phones all my life. I finally switched to Android. I picked up the HTC Amaze over other phones. The Amaze is durable, can reach up to 42mb on T-Mobile’s HSPA+ (theoretical speeds), can be rooted, etc. I love the phone. It is nice and fast. Very responsive. The lock screen offers for applications that can be opened without the need to unlock the phone (lockscreen shortcuts). I did, however, purchase an Anker 1900 mAh battery. It improved my battery life by an additional hour or so. I bought it on eBay for $15. I have an Incipio case that gives the phone extra protection (I broke part of it when I was playing with the case).
- Beautiful, clear and vivid 4.3″ screen
- Very durable and strong
- A built in Task Manager (Finally!)
- Running on T-Mobile HSPA+ 42mb network
- Can have the bootloader unlocked so you can root and install a custom ROM (do at your own risk)
- Original battery doesn’t last as long (Compared to my Nokia N8)
- The camera is not the greatest (Compared to my Nokia N8)
- The sound quality in a phone call is decent (Compared to my Nokia N8)
- The useless capacitive Search button (Waste of space)
Here is a video on my review!